Cooling centres open:
Municipalities and districts across the province have opened cooling centres for those who don’t have air conditioning.
The City of Vancouver has several open at community centres across the city.
The City of Abbotsford said its cooling centres would run from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on days when the temperature exceeds 32 C or 30 C for consecutive days.
- Heritage Alliance Church at 3440 Mt. Lehman Road.
- Cascade Community Church at 35190 Delair Road.
- The Abbotsford, Clearbrook and Mount Lehman libraries.
- The Reach Gallery Museum.
On Sunday, the Central Okanagan Emergency Operations centre said it has opened several cooling centres across the region, including:
- Parkinson Activity Centre, Kelowna.
- Rutland Activity Centre, Kelowna.
- Lakeview Heights Baptist Church, West Kelowna.
- Peachland Community Centre, Peachland.
More on B.C. heat wave shatters Canadian record for highest temperature ever recorded via CBC.