The UBC Clinician Scholar Program is one of seven across Canada.
The Clinician Scholar Program (CSP) offers part-time positions for family physicians in family practice scholarship. These third-year residency positions are part of the Postgraduate Program of the UBC Faculty of Medicine.
Each cohort begins the program on July 1st of the calendar year.
- To engage practicing family physicians in conducting scholarly work
- To contribute to the knowledge base of family practice and primary health care
- To cultivate scholarship within family medicine
- To support the development and enhancement of core scholarship skills
- To foster innovative, interdisciplinary, community-based scholarship
Timeframe and Funding
Applicants are encouraged to plan a two-year timeframe for completion of the program. Approximately $60,000 per successful candidate is available over two years.