“If patients are going to Google their condition anyways, shouldn’t they have access to the same quality information that doctor’s have?”
For those interested in perusing some of the medical references, apps, and learning materials used by our Residents, please visit Resources & Recommended Readings.
More on this important topic:
- Finding reliable health information online via John Hopkins Medicine.
- Quality of patient health information on the Internet: Reviewing a complex and evolving landscape via Australasian Medical Journal.
- The quality of health information on the internet via BMJ.
- Defining information quality into health websites: A conceptual framework of health website information quality for educated young adults via JMIR.
- Google aims to stop terrifying you with its responses when you search medical symptoms via Washington Post.
Residents! This topic would make for a great PIP or Scholar project!