Please see below the list of recommended resources that James forwarded. I want to thank him for such a thorough presentation and for being a continual source of great insight. I’ll be posting these links under Resources & Recommended Reading:
- Abbotsford Community Services Program Guide 2016. Here you will find a list of programs offered by ACS. Potentially relevant programs:
- Abbotsford Works Employment Centre
- Abbotsford Addiction Centre
- Community Legal Advocacy
- Community Kitchen
- Food Bank
- Supportive Housing
- Income tax preparation
- Indo-Canadian Spousal assault
- Sexual abuse intervention
- Specialized victim assistance
- Medical transportation
- Better at Home: non-medical transport for seniors
- The Poverty Intervention Tool via The Divisions of Family Practice.
- British Columbia Income Supports Patient brochure (April 2014).
- Government of Canada Benefits Finder: find benefits based on your circumstances.
- British Columbia Income Assistance: apply for BC Social Assistance.
- British Columbia Disability Benefits Advocacy Program
- Pharmacy Compass: compare drug prices.
- British Columbia Health & Drug Coverage: check Pharmacare coverage.
- National Collaborating Centre on Determinants of Health
- Canadian Council on Social Determinants of Health
- The Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada: Determinants of Health.
Thank you again James!