The UBC Faculty of Medicine’s Office of Faculty Development offers a wide range of EDI resources. Here are a few below for those wanting to learn more on designing safe and inclusive learning environments.
- PGME Learning Environment modules: https://postgrad.med.ubc.ca/faculty-staff/learning-environment-modules/
- The following resources can be found here: https://facdev.med.ubc.ca/home-page/resources/#learner
- Inclusivity module
- Language Guide
- Safe and Supportive LE module
- Land Acknowledgement PPT: https://facdev.med.ubc.ca/home-page/resources/#territorialacknowledgement
- Teaching Scenario Library and Pilot: https://facdev.med.ubc.ca/scenario-library/
- Community of Practice of facilitators who want to practice skills for leading discussions on sensitive topics (includes workshops and opportunities to practice). Email the program manager Erica Amari at Erica.email@example.com for information or to join.
- Support from Office of Faculty Development to facilitate sessions. The Office supports facilitators who would like lead a session on learning environment and EDI. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs.