On Tuesday, December 7, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. (ET), the Section of Teachers (SOT) invites you to a free-flowing Q & A–style webinar on incorporating planetary health education in family medicine training. Given the realities of climate change affecting different parts of Canada, there are startling revelations on the importance of planetary health as a key area of focus for family physicians and for family medicine education. In this interactive webinar, hear from family physicians and learners who have been advocating for planetary health education and share practical examples on our collective opportunities to increase awareness and foster learning innovations. Planetary health comes at a time when we are all called to reflect on our ways of knowing and doing, challenging us to do better. Linked to curriculum enhancements needed in Indigenous health, anti-racism, and anti-oppression education in medical education, reform is possible.
Date & time: December 7, 12pm-1pm ET
Event Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kh8-JdlWbA
Learning objectives. Participants will:
- Become aware of the Guide to Integrating Planetary Health in Family Medicine Training.
- Explore practical experiential learning opportunities for awakening educator interest in planetary health.
- Share who across the country is advocating and advancing planetary health education in medicine.
- Catalyze a community of interest among teachers/learners to advance planetary health education in family medicine.
- Recognize the opportunities of advancing planetary health education stimulating curriculum change while supporting a medical education culture that values Indigenous health, anti-racism, and anti-oppression in service of fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Panelists: Dr. Warren Bell, Dr. Aimée Bouka, Dr. Ojistoh Horn, Dr. Celia Walker, Dr. Edward Xie, and Dr. Jean Zigby.