November 13, 2020 Virtual Fall Conference:
Skin Cancer: Interactive Scenarios & Practical Approaches for Primary Care, 1:00 pm-4:00 pm Pacific Time
Register via Learning Hub (Log-in or create an account in seconds. Once logged-in, enter Skin Cancer in the Search bar.)
Cost: $50 all disciplines. Event Details
2.75 Mainpro+ credits.
13:00 – 13:05 Start and Dermatologist Introduction
13:05 – 14:35 Common Skin Cancers
14:35 – 14:45 Break
Surgical Oncology Focus
14:45 – 14:50 Surgical Oncologist Introduction
14:50 – 15:50 Melanoma
15:50 – 16:00 Close and Evaluation
- Describe effective and practical skin cancer prevention strategies;
- Demonstrate improved visual literacy of malignant skin lesions;
- Determine appropriate management of common skin cancers by primary care physicians; and
- Review principles of skin cancer screening in high risk populations.
- Review indications and pitfalls of sentinel lymph node biopsy for melanoma;
- Summarize a practical approach to melanoma staging; and
- Describe current management implications of melanoma staging and of lymph node recurrence.