Hope you are all well. I’ve received several questions over the past couple of weeks on how to engage participants while teaching online. Under our Preceptor Resources tab at the top, you’ll find Academic Half Day: Preparation. This page includes a series of exercises that encourage the full participation of learners. Many of these ideas can be adapted to a webinar style format. I’ve also assembled a few articles and additional resources on the topic:
- COVID-19 Teachers Collection via Chan & Yilmaz
- How to Give a Webinar Presentation via Harvard Business Review
- 7 Ways: to Create Professional Development Webinars That Engage Your Audience via ISTE
- Synchronous, Live Online Classes: 12 Steps to Engage Students via Acadly
- Take My Advice: Instructors Offer Guidance for Teaching Online Courses via Inside Higher Ed.
- Teaching Support via UBC Faculty of Medicine
Please feel free to reach out with any questions, comments, and concerns as we quickly transition to a virtual space.
And keep up the great work! I’m so proud of you all in your ability to channel that inner surfer and ride this learning curve with grace and confidence.
We got this.