UBC researchers and companies founded by UBC faculty and students were recognized at the 21st Annual LifeSciences BC Awards on April 4.
UBC companies receiving awards:
- Deal of the Year – Anandia Laboratories
- Growth Stage Life Sciences Company of the Year – Aspect Biosystems
- LifeSciences Company of the Year – Terramera Inc.
Both Anandia and Aspect Biosystems received support from entrepreneurship@UBC, which provides the knowledge, tools and space for UBC entrepreneurs to succeed. Along with Terramera, Aspect also received funding from the UBC Seed Fund, which supports early stage UBC startups.
Creative Destruction Lab (CDL) – West, at UBC’s Sauder School of Business, won the Strategic LifeSciences Partner of the Year Award.
UBC researchers receiving awards:
- Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research – Aubrey J. Tingle Prize – Dr. Jerilynn Prior
- Dr. Don Rix Award for Lifetime Achievement – Dr. Marco Marra
Congratulations to all!